Tips to consider before choosing best boarding school in Mussoorie
|Boarding Schools in Mussoorie|
- Mussoorie International School: Ranked among the top boarding school in India. The school curriculum includes, IGSCE/ICSE (Higher School Level), Cambridge AS&A Levels/ISC (Secondary Level), and IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) for Class XI-XII.
- Woodstock School: It is an International co-educational residential school. It offers classes from kindergarten to Grade 12.
- St. George College: It is an ICSE- ISC All-Boys residential and non-residential school. The school offers classes from Grade IV to Grade XII.
- Wynberg Allen School: It is a co-educational residential school. It offers classes from Class I to XII.
- Convent of Jesus and Mary, Waverly: It is a CBSE board All-Girls residential and day school. Classes are offered from Grade I to Grade XII.
- Decide: Make decisions on basic questions like
- Do you want co-educational school or not?
- Will you prefer military school?
- Will you prefer religious school?
- Do you want a small or large school?
- What type of sports and other hobbies does your child enjoy.
- Search: Make a list of boarding schools in the region you desire. Narrow down the list with schools that might be suitable for admission on the basis of the above made list and facts like school location, fees, infrastructural facilities, etc
- Research: Learn about the school from every source that you can get your hands on. Internet can be one of the many places to start with. There are numerous websites dedicated towards ranking and reviewing schools. Read what ex-students and parents have to say about the school.
- Visit: Pay a visit to the school campus. Have a look at the facilities the school provides. The visit will help you create expectations about the child’s life on the campus. Learn about the pastoral system and how it works.
- Prepare: Every school require some sort of admission criterion. Learn about them and help your child fulfill them.
- Talk: The most important aspect of choosing a boarding school is letting a child know that it will benefit them. Always involve the child in the decision-making process. Let them help you make the decision.