Sending your child to a residential school is the right decision that has many advantages which are hard to negotiate. These schools make your child self-dependent and focus on their overall development and growth. Children studying in the boarding schools are not distracted by the happenings of the surroundings of a typical regular school which further help them to focus on their studies more. Students studying in the boarding schools come out as the more competent and problem-solving personality with an attitude to face and overcome the challenges. Now that you have decided to send your kid to a boarding school, it’s time to find out the best school for admission. This process involves several steps to consider before making final decision including:
1. Identify some schools: Make a list of some schools to choose the one meeting your expectations. Check online or take part in forums to know about the best schools and their details. One can also consult directly with the school or can go through their website to know about their reputation and other details.
2. Reputation of the school: What do the former and current students think about the school and education offered by them? Do alumni believe that their school prepared them for the next stages of life and do their parents believe that they received appropriate value for their money? You can go through all these details to know about the ranking and reputation of the school.
3. Academics: This is an important point to consider while choosing the best boarding schools in India. Are you seeking a particular discipline or if the school specializes in the same? Does it offer advanced placement classes or is it the IB (International baccalaureate) institute? These are important questions that one should ask before zeroing on any institute for their children.
4. Extracurricular activities: The extra-curricular activities have become a major part of the school curriculum that help in overall growth of students. Before choosing a boarding school for your kid, it is better to check out whether it offers activities for arts, sports along with skill development programs.
5. Best boarding facilities: It is always better to check out the hostel facilities at the boarding school. Check out whether they provide good and healthy food to the children or not and how are the living rooms inside hostel. It is always important to check the standard of residential accommodation and food provided.
6. Faculty: Faculty is the most important factor that one should considering while choosing the boarding school for their child. The top boarding schools have highly-qualified and skilled staff that let the students understand the concepts through experiences. They are experienced in their respective subjects to answer all the queries of students.
7. Class size: The class size at the best residential schools across India is small that means proper attention will be given to your child. Students can clear their queries anytime and are required to take part in several activities in the classroom.
Considering all the above factors will surely help you to choose the right and best boarding schools for your kid.