Entrance Exams in India and their Scope
Institutes of Higher Education in India have gained a lot of respect worldwide owing to their best quality education, top-notch faculty, and a rigorous study pattern. This has also caused the Higher Education in India to become immensely competitive. Most of the well-reputed Universities and other prestigious institutes conduct various entrance exams to select the students who are the best of the lot.
One can even say that these entrance exams are the testing grounds for students to test their capabilities in relation to their admission in the institute of their choice. Majority of these entrance exams are conducted by the most elite institutes that are famous for their high educational standards and globally recognized faculty and alumni. These entrance exams are crucial for Institutes to maintain their standard. Remaining online or in touch with monthly magazines a good way to stay abreast of the latest information on these exams.
Scope of Entrance Exams in India – Over the years, these entrance exams have gained a lot of importance as they provide an opportunity to form a strong educational foundation for our society that churns out the best professionals in every field. It is on the basis of these exams that suitable candidates are selected based on their marks and rankings and admitted to various courses. The sole purpose of conducting these entrance exams is to judge a student’s ability, sharpness, knowledge, and aptitude which are parameter of their capabilities and a decisive factor for securing admission in any prestigious institute.
Important Entrance Exams held in India – There are several entrance exams conducted in India by various colleges such as AIEEE, CLAT, JEE, IIT, GATE, MBBS, BDS, and so on. Apart from these common entrance test held throughout India, many private universities conduct their own entrance exams. The list of most important Entrance Exams held in India for admission into various courses and streams is as under:
Engineering Entrance Exams
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
Architecture Entrance Tests
Medical Entrance Tests
- National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Exam for Under Graduate (NEET- UG)
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Entrance Exam
- AIIMS MBBS
- JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test
- Christian Medical College MBBS entrance exam
Defence and Marine
- National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Exams
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme
- Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES)
State/ other medical colleges Common Entrance Tests
- Manipal (MBBS) MU OET
- MGIMS-PMT Wardha
- BHU Medical
- Karnataka CET
- Kerala KEAM
Hotel Management Entrance Exams
- NCHMCT JEE
Law Entrance Exams
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
Design Entrance Tests
- NIFT entrance test
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Exam
- CPT for Chartered Accountancy
Advantages and Disadvantages of Entrance Exams
- These exams are to test ability and knowledge of candidates as they are designed to check the fundamental knowledge on certain subjects.
- Objectives behind these exams are to ensure that the best minds get the best opportunities.