Are you experiencing hearing loss? Don’t you find it easy to comprehend what people around you say or mumble? Well, hearing loss is a problem that can strike to anyone but its occurrence is mostly related to age. That’s why, we often see older people finding it difficult to hear what is said.
The worst part is that hearing loss is mostly gradual and many fail to realize when it’s actually happening. Those who suffer from it start hearing less than they should and it happens over a period of time. The first precautionary step is to meet an ENT specialist (Ear, Nose & Throat) and get yourself tested clinically.
The doctor will do an in-depth assessment or a thorough hearing examination to recommend the best treatment and help. One of the options prescribed could be a hearing aid so that you are able to listen lucidly and clearly what is said.
Signs of hearing loss
Hearing loss comes with some early warnings and signs. It may even lead to changes in behaviors in regard to hearing. You can understand those signs and get confirmed about the problem being faced.
Some of signs of hearing loss may include –
• Inability to understand the things said or conversations going-on around
• Urge to ask others to repeat what they have said or uttered
• Not able to grasp things easily so complaining of being mumbled to
• Watching the TV or listening to radio with a louder sound than the norm
• Lack of ability to hear conversations properly leading to a feeling of impatience and irritation
• Not being able to understand when faces are not seen of those conversing
• Facing difficulty in hearing when people speak softy
• Having regular trouble in decoding what was being said on the mobile or phone
• Feeling hesitated, frustrated and withdrawn due to lack of proper hearing capabilities
• Fear of starting or initiating a conversation
Benefits of hearing aids
Hearing aids are the last resort to people not able to listen to things or conversation properly. These devices are a marvel of technology developed to aid in hearing. With the advancement of technology, hearing aids that are rechargeable have proven to provide relief to people who struggle with hearing loss.. However, they won’t restore normal hearing or can’t be a substitute for normal hearing, no matter how good they are and how much advanced technology they use or how much hearing aid price you paid.
Here are major benefits of hearing aids –
• The benefits of hearing aids will vary from person to person since the intensity of hearing loss could be varied
• Those who use these aids on a consistent basis will get the maximum benefits out of the technology
• They make sounds louder or they amplify sounds and make things hear-able
• Hearing aids can make even soft sounds audible and using them can help you grasp the bytes of even normal conversation
• They amplify sounds so that people can understand speech even in cases when faces of conversers are not visible
• The effectiveness of hearing aids will vary from individual to individual with results depending on the extent of hearing loss and noise in the environment
• There are hearing aids developed to make people hear better in noisy situations
• Some hearing aids are there that utilize a multiple microphone technology to enable clarity of listening even in noisy environments