Business Management is a highly popular and most pursued advance course in India. Admission into the MBA program is highly sought-after and each year several highly competitive entrance exams are organized all around the nation.
Some of the most recognized entrance exams for admission in MBA programs are:
• CAT – Common Admission Test evaluates Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning abilities of the candidates. It is an online computer-based test that is accepted by IITs, IISCs, and a large number of other public and private colleges.
• XAT– Xavier Aptitude Test is an online entrance exam conducted by Xavier School of Management. It tests Quantitative Ability, English Language, Logical Reasoning and Decision-Making skills of the candidate.
• GMAT – Graduate Management Admission Test assesses the analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in the written English of a candidate.
• MAT– Management Aptitude Test is conducted All India Management Association (AIMA). It is an online and offline exam conducted to test Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, and Indian & Global Environment abilities of the candidate.
Choosing the right college for MBA
When it comes to applying for admission in a B-School student look at several facts, figures, and much more before making a final decision. The past placement records of any institute are one of the most looked into figures by the students.
• Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
XLRI is a premier, private management institute in India. It is NBA, AACSB and AMBA Accreditated B-school. Management programs offered by XLRI are Business Management (PGDM-BM); Human Resource Management (PGDM-HRM), and General Management Programme (PGDM-GM). It also offers a Postgraduate Diploma in Management Business Management a part-time MBA program. Admission in the program is through XAT and GMAT. The B-School has a 100% placement record with an average salary in placement for the year 2019 being Rs. 22.35 lakhs per annum.
• SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
SPJIMR is one of the top schools of management located in Mumbai. It is accredited by AACSB, AICTE, and NBA. It offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – Executive and Post Graduate Executive Management Programme (PGEMP). The institute accepts CAT, XAT, GMAT scores for admission. The institute has a consistent 100% placement record with an average salary package for 2019 being Rs.22.90 lakhs per annum.
• Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad (IMTG)
IMT is one of the most premier AACSB accredited and AICTE approved management schools in Delhi-NCR. It is an autonomous, not–for–profit institute with consistent top-quality performance over the past three and a half-decade. Management programs offered by IMT are, Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Full Time, PGDM Executive, PGDM Part-Time, and PGDM Dual Country Programme (DCP). Interested candidates can visit the website, https://www.imt.edu/about-imt/
for courses and admission details. Students can also read more about the past placement records of the institute on the site. Admission in management programs is based on CAT/XAT/GMAT scores and performance in group discussion organized by the institute. The institute has a consistent 100% placement record
and the average salary for the year 2019 was up at Rs. 12.50 lakhs per annum.