Top Pharmacy Institutes in Pune and other parts of India
Degree in Pharmacy involves the study of medicinal substances and their therapeutic use. Pharmacy is used in all aspects of medicine and drug use, be it the development of drugs, the first discovery of medicine and drugs, or its deliver to patients. There are some really good pharmacy colleges in Pune that impart world class learning to the students. DR. D. Y. Patil College of Pharmacy, Akurdi (Pune) is a leading pharmacy institute in Pune which is the top choice of students looking for quality education in pharmacy.
Pharmaceutics plays a key role in the healthcare industry, and an interesting career in which to work.
Following courses are available in pharmacy:
• Diploma Courses in Pharmacy
• Masters degree Courses in Pharmacy
• Bachelors degree Courses in Pharmacy
More about Pharmacy
Pharmacy institute offers in-depth knowledge and skills of how molecules of drug are converted into medicine. This education can be applied to create new methods of supplying drugs effectively and safely. Pharmacy institutes in Pune impart complete education to the students in the area of pharmaceutical studies. Many colleges of pharmacy in Pune also take entrance exams and then grant admission to aspirants. Pharmacy course is usually of four years. Aspirants are also provided practical exposure at part of their course curriculum.
Popular pharmacy institutes in India
Following are the few top colleges of pharmacy in India that are counted among the top ones.
• L. M. College of Pharmacy (Ahmedabad)
• Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (Ranchi)
• Banaras Hindu University / IIT-BHU (Varanasi)
• JSS College of Pharmacy (Ooty)
• University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University (Chandigarh)
• Bombay College of Pharmacy (Mumbai)
• Amrita School of Pharmacy, Amrita University (Konchi)
• Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University (Manipal)
• Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy (Bangalore)
Entrance exam for pharmacy programme
Most of the institutes give admission through entrance examination. Many states conduct their own entrance examination for providing admission. Admission to postgraduate pharmacy programmes is done through GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test). This is the most popular national level entrance examination, whose marks are accepted by almost all pharmacy colleges. In Telangana, TS Polycet is organized for those aspirants who wish to do Diploma in Pharmacy from the institutes in Telangana.
Here are some key state level entrance examinations for pharmacy programmes
• Delhi CET (Delhi Common Entrance Test)
• WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination)
• BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test)
• UKSEE (Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam)
• TS EAMCET (Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Entrance Test)
• KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
• MH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
• AP PGECET (Andhra Pradesh Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test)
• AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Entrance Test)
There are a number of governments and private owned pharmacy institutes. Before getting admission in any college, be 100% sure that the college is recognized by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India) and AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), New Delhi. DR. D. Y. Patil College of Pharmacy, Akurdi (Pune) fits this criterion.