Productive Ways of Using English Language Labs
Language is an instrument for communication and human beings practice it for getting and conveyance information among themselves. Communication can be oral or written, oral communication includes listening and speaking and written communication encompasses reading and writing.
Reading and listening are called receptive skills, as they are the ways we receive information from language. Through receptive skills, we come to understand written and spoken language. On the other hand, writing and speaking are called productive skills, since they need to be actively produced.
The productive skills are speaking and writing because learners doing these need to produce language. They are also known as active skills. They can be compared with the receptive skills of listening and reading.
The English Language Lab is an audio-visual installation used in modern teaching methods to learn foreign languages. English is an important language for all kinds of professional and personal goals. Whether you’re just starting in English, or you need some motivation to keep going, understanding the importance of the language will help you reach fluency and change your life.
Using an English Language Lab has many benefits such as:
1) An English Language Lab is practical
2) Students learn much faster in the English Language Lab
3) The teacher takes on a more important role in the English Language Lab
4) Use more resources and varied activities than in a traditional classroom
5) English Language Lab allows for diversity in the classroom
6) English Language Lab foster communication in the classroom
Let’s check some of the Productive Ways of Using English Language Labs:
1) English Language Labs Are Great for Boosting Speaking Skills – Language lab sessions give students the chance to take their conversational skills to the next level in a semi-natural environment. Students can enjoy speaking practice that is more realistic than scripted roleplaying or textbook exercises, without the pressure of real-life English conversation where all the attention is on them.
2) Guided study sessions can be conducted – The average language lab program comes with several different activities for speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar, so finding topics to quiz the students on is easy. Guided study sessions work much better in language labs than in the traditional classroom setting. This is because language labs enable the teacher to exercise some control over the course content, while also giving students more power to research and make use of various internet resources to help them along the way.
3) Find the Best English Language Lab Software – Teaching lessons in an English language lab allows teachers to come up with several creative ways to teach the students. Since everyone in the class has access to a computer, teachers can bring various programs or visit the website and read more about the lesson with ease.
4) Evaluate students’ abilities in multiple areas – Using the English language lab enables teachers to evaluate their students more efficiently and effectively. Instead of focusing on one activity, they can switch up the language lab lesson plans frequently so that they are targeting multiple skills.
English Language Lab provides teachers with a creative approach to teaching English while also providing students with a hands-on approach to learning.