Diploma in hotel management grooms an individual to handle a hotel environment. There are many aspects in running a hotel business, like, maintenance, catering, food & beverage management, front of house or front office, housekeeping, marketing and accounts. All these functional aspects of the global hotel industry know-how of the fundamental management principles are taught to the students pursuing Diploma in Hotel Management.
Below are some famous institutes offering Diploma in Hotel Management in India:
1. JINDAL SCHOOL OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT, VADODARA, GUJARAT: One of the top hotel management colleges in India, JSHM offers a two-year Diploma course in Hotel & Restaurant Management that lays down solid basics, divulging the students to the functionality of the hospitality industry and its necessities. The students are trained in the fundamentals of hospitality and business leadership, housekeeping, food services & operations and tourism management. This course which is based on internationally transferable credit system also includes an internship that gives the students a real-life experience in the said industry. At the end of the course, you either get to graduate with the Swiss Diploma and take up a job or pursue further education with their Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel & Restaurant Management Course.
2. AMRAPALI INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT, NARIPUR LAMACHUR, UTTARAKHAND: Amrapali Institute of Hotel Management offers a year Diploma Course in Hotel Management (DHM) which has the eligibility criteria of educational qualification of minimum 10+2 from a recognised board. Their curriculum blends theory with the real hands-on learning experience and learners have various opportunities to network with industry professionals. Students get their way into hands-on real-life training programme combined in their day to day activities to make them fit in the industry.
3. VELS UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU: Vels offers three-year Diploma Course in Hotel & Catering Management during which a student gets to groom himself professionally in the major subjects under the course and choose the right career at the end of it. One can apply to this course right after qualifying their 10 standard examinations. Admission is done based on the marks one has got in the qualifying examination.
4. GARDEN CITY UNIVERSITY, BENGALURU, KARNATAKA: This course is a professional skill-oriented programme offered by the regulating authority of Garden City Group of Institution and also follows the guidelines as laid down by UGC. This modern diploma programme focuses on practically oriented learning and accurate theoretical components that are necessary for international hospitality and hotel industry operations. Students taking up this diploma programme has a choice of enrolling for “earn while you learn” that will groom their industrial skills and will support them in their education as well. An array of career opportunities is present for the candidates in allied hospitality sectors, restaurants and hotels.
5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF HOTEL & MANAGEMENT, MAHARASHTRA: IIHM offers a two-year Diploma course in Hotel Management & Catering Technology. One can apply to this course right after having passed their high secondary examination. In this course, they primarily focus on the domains of communication skill, Food production & Catering Science and Food & Beverage Service.
Visit the website of each of the colleges mentioned above and read more about each of these courses.