Animation and multimedia is one of the most sought after career options in current times. Great opportunities for career growth, high salary and an opportunity to showcase your creative talent make it a very popular choice among the students. Some of the most popular job options for a student of this field are:
- 2 D Animator
- 3 D Animator
- Image Editor
- Character Animator
- Texture Artist
- Story Board Artist
- Clean Up Artist
- Rendering Artist
- Digital Ink and Paint Artist
Mumbai being the hub of Indian film industry ‘Bollywood’ offers great opportunities for animation and multimedia professionals. A number of colleges and institutes offer a wide range of animation and multimedia courses in Mumbai. Some of the most prominent names among them are:
Arena Animation is located in Versova, Mumbai. It is one of the top animation and multimedia institutes of India with centres across more than 20 countries around the world.
The Institutes offers a wide range of Animation and Multimedia Courses like:
- Arena Animation International Program (2-years part time)
- Certificate in VFX Pro (16-months part time)
- Certificate in Advance 3D Animation (3-month part time)
- Multimedia Design Program (1-year part time)
- Certificate in Graphics, Web Design and Development (14-months part time)
- and many more.
The curriculum of various courses is an effective amalgamation of studio work, industry visits, projects, workshops, creation of portfolio and a more. Interested candidates can visit the institute’s centre and directly apply for various programs.
Amity University is located at Panvel, Mumbai. It is an UGC approved private university. The institute offers B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Graphics program to animation and multimedia aspirants. The program is full time and of 3-years duration. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 from a recognised board are eligible to apply for admission in the program. Applicants will have to appear in a creative test organised by the institute.
RSACE is an endeavour of Mr. Ramesh Sippy located in Santacruz (E), Mumbai. It offers various graduate degree programs with a tie-up with Mumbai University, including the below ones:
- Bachelor in Film Art (3-year fulltime)
- Bachelor in Screen Writing (3-year fulltime)
- Bachelor in Film Production and Management (3-year fulltime)
- Bachelor in Animation (3-year fulltime)
- Bachelor in Visual Effects (3-year fulltime)
The programs have been curated under the guidance of Mr. Ramesh Sippy and is taught by highly experienced industry professionals.About 70-75% training program is organised on set. Aspiring students can apply online on www.rsace.edu. Applicants will have to appear in FMEAT (Film, Media and Entertainment Admission Test) and personal interview for admission in the programs.
Pearl Academy is a private higher education institute located at Andheri, Mumbai. The institute offers below certificate and diploma programs in the field of animation and multimedia.
- UG Pathway in Communication Design (Interaction/Graphics/Animation and VFX) (4-year full time)
- Professional Certificate in Advertising and Graphics (11-months full time)
- Professional Certificate in Digital Filmmaking (11-months full time)
Those candidates who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board are eligible to apply for the programs. Applicants will have to appear in written entrance test and personal interview conducted on campus.
Indian School of Design and Innovation
ISDI is located in Lower Parel, Mumbai. The institute offers a full-time 16-week certificate program in Certificate in 3D Animation and Post Production. Any student that has passed class 10 from a recognised board can directly apply for admission to the college.