New Restaurant Inspection
• lacking ventilation systems or not operating properly
• Lack of three compartment sink that is large and deep enough to completely submerge
• Lack of mop sink with a back flow preventer for housekeeping practices
• Lack of adequate hand washing station
• Unsealed gaps in walls, joints and piping
• inadequate refrigeration
• Undersized exit door
• Insufficient number of exit or improper swing of the exit door
• Lack of stamped approved plans on construction site.
• Storage under stairs
• Extinguisher that not charged or not tagged with current year of inspection
• Accommodation of debris that creates a potential fire hazard
• Lack of panic bar in locked exits
• Impaired or nonexistent access to elevators or main hoists
• Inadequate water supply for the automatic sprinkler systems
• Storage around heat producing appliances
• Inspections are carried by health departments for sanitation and food processing services
• The Building Department will ensure the safety of the structure
• The Fire Department will ensure they are safe fire exits
• Always greet the inspector this enhances a better communication of working together for the best experience.
• Never refuse to be inspected as it would sound suspicious prompting an inspection warrant leading to worst legal procedures.
• Accompany the inspector at each stage to learn the good and the bad mistakes you are making, Where you don’t understand as questions for verification purposes
• Ensure you have prior knowledge of your employee’s health assessment certificates
• Ensure you have the record as the inspector will need them to verify the standard of your cooking equipment.
Having a construction checklist could also help owner to do a self-inspection of the expected requirements through reading reviews to what is needed and researching online to get help on various issues thus spending less in future inspections. Hammersconstuction listed checklist for restaurant construction to avoid from getting fail in inspection as below:-
Ensure you are registered with the appropriate government entity
• Develop a plan and determine its legality
• Get zoning and location approval
• Obtain building permits
• Complete license application
• Ensure you obtain your equipment from verified suppliers
• Carry medical checks on your staff
Brian Crawford of community development agencies say that building inspection procedure help in reducing potential noncompliance with the approved structures locations, height and size limitation.