Debate on which board ICSE or CBSE is better for a bright future of students is on-going for decades amongst Indian parents and there seems no end to it. Renowned educationalists believe that both the education boards have some unique reasons to be chosen by students. It mostly depends on the students’ orientation and preferences. Generally, people visit the website of a school to get an overview of the school’s curriculum and facilities provided on the campus. But when it comes to adhering to a particular board or switching it to ICSE from CBSE or vice versa it needs to be handled carefully. Any decision taken in haste can make you regret it for the rest of your life.
Difference between ICSE & CBSE:
For every parent, it is important that they lay a strong foundation for the bright future of their children. No other task can be as important as deciding the board of education for their wards, especially between the two most popular boards in India- CBSE, and ICSE. While CBSE stands for central board of secondary education, ICSE is an acronym for Indian certificate for secondary education.
Major differences between these two prevalent boards of education in our country encompass the syllabus covered by them and the admission procedure followed. Another important point of difference between these two is the medium of instructions. Schools affiliated with the CBSE board take up both English and Hindi languages to establish communication with students. On the other hand, no other language is allowed by the ICSE board for instructing students. This is a big reason why many students and their parents search for the best ICSE School over the internet.
CBSE board conducts All India Secondary School Examination, AISSE for class X students, and All India Senior School Certificate Examination, AISSCE for class XII students. ICSE conducts exams through another board Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, CISCE. For class X students ICSE exam is conducted and Indian School Certificate (ISC) Exam is conducted for class XII students.
Opt ICSE Board If:
- You have a flair for arts and humanities: Students aspiring to have a career in humanities can do best with the ICSE board. Identifying with English as their primary language comes to ICSE students naturally.
- Going abroad is your goal: Tons of students see their future in foreign countries such as Australia, Canada, the US, and more for advanced studies and making their career as well. ICSE undoubtedly is the right board for them.
- In-depth analysis and practical aptitude is your forte: Any ICSE school in Mumbai can be your getaway to develop a flair for real-life applications. Instead of theoretical lessons, more emphasis is laid upon practical applications here.
Go For CBSE Board When:
- Cracking competitive exams is the aim of your life: CBSE mandates six subjects including Maths, Science, Social Science and anything related to these subjects can be best learned with a CBSE school only.
- Don’t want to deal with a lot of syllabus: Though the number of subjects in the ICSE board is much smaller than CBSE, the syllabus in CBSE schools is comparatively less here.
- Relocation is frequent: Many students keep on relocating from one city to another. Finding the best CBSE school and private tuitions is much easier as compared to the ICSE board.
Hope the article has helped you in weighing both the options. Visit the website and read more about the conditions and criteria in your city schools for a better transition.