How to Choose the Best School for Your Child
As a parent, we try to make every decision for the best of our child. And when it comes to their academic career, we look for the best school options that offer the finest environment for their children. The abundance of options in the education sector makes it necessary that we selected a school very carefully and wisely.
Education in Pune in the Best School
Pune is an internationally recognized educational hub for more than a century. The city has a rapidly growing number of pre-schools, primary and secondary schools. Nowadays international schools are extremely popular among parents for their globally accepted degree. The schools are a perfect nurturing ground for young minds. Parents looking for great schooling options can choose from an extensive list of international schools in Pune. Here is a list of some of the best options for schooling in Pune:
• Cambridge International School to the CBSE board, CIS offers classes from standard I to VIII. It is located at Akurdi, Pune. To know more about the school, visit the website.
• Bharati Vidyapeeth Rabindranath Tagore School of Excellence class facilities, top-quality teachers and great security features make BVRTSE one of the most popular international schools in Pune. The school offers Playgroup, Nursery, KG1 & K2 and Grade I – VIII classes. It is affiliated to the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum that is divided into four stages, namely, Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP), Secondary (IGCSE Lower), Lower Secondary (Checkpoint), and Cambridge International A Levels. The school is located at Balewadi, Pune and to read more about the school visit the website: http://bvrtse.in/
• DY Patil International School of the most renowned private schools in Maharashtra DYPIS is affiliated with the IGCSE Board. Located at Lohegaon, Pune the school campus has numerous great facilities for its students.
• Mercedes-Benz International School in Hinjewadi, Pune MBIS offers the International Baccalaureate program to its students. The program is divided into stages namely, PYP (until 5th grade), MYP (until the 10thgrade) and Diploma program (11th and 12th grades).
Steps to choose the best school for your child
With the growing numbers and the changing dynamics of early education, proximity is no longer the primary factor in choosing a school. Here is a list of steps to help you choose the right school for your child:
• Understand if the school is a good fit for your child. As a parent, you know what your child wants to learn, how your child learns best and what other facilities (extracurricular activities, social interactions, etc.) will they need.
• Learn about the curriculum offered by the school. Nowadays schools tend to offer a wider range of subjects for study. Look for schools that provide subjects that suit your child.
• Now more about the teaching staff, their qualifications, and experience and environment of the school.
• You can ask previous or current students or parents about the school and teachers.
• Gather first-hand information about the school. Never believe facts on seeing an advertisement alone, for every school will say only the best about themselves. Visit the school to look at the facilities offered by it and meet the teachers.
• Talk with the principal and ask questions about the school’s approach to teaching and learning along with the schools’ curriculum and philosophy. The principal should be forthcoming with all necessary information and available for meeting with the parents.
Always make a list of what do you want in a school, and make an informed decision. Trust yourself and choose the school that you and your child feel good about. Take time for research and ensure that the child is comfortable to study with the final decision.