GRIDTECH 2019 – International Exhibition & Conference
GRIDTECH 2019, the 6th International Exhibition and Conference to deliberate on new technologies in Transmission, Distribution, Renewable Integration, Smart Grid, Communication, organised by the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited with the support of Ministry of Power and in association with CBIP and IEEMA from 3 to 5 April 2019, was inaugurated by M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President, at India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, and while addressing gathering, there, Naidu said,
“Adequate growth in renewable energy would serve dual purpose – firstly, it would contribute towards achieving energy security to the nation and it would address the environmental concerns, which need to be tackled on a war-footing”, and elaborated as under:
- Experts should find out new technologies to harness renewable energy to fulfil India’s energy demands and India’s international commitment to de-carbonize the electricity generation.
- New and renewable energy should be promoted in a big way to ensure energy security and protect climate, reduce pollution.
- Environment friendly clean and green mode of transport, such as Electrical Vehicles (EVs) should be promoted on a large scale.
- These measures have the potential to save foreign exchange on crude oil import apart from reducing carbon emissions.
- Renewable energy provisions should be included right from the planning of towns.
- World was looking towards India for investments as India’s economic growth was the main factor for new found enthusiasm of the world community.
- Rapid urbanization has led to increased energy demand and rise of Green House Gas (GHG) emissions.
- Technologists should find new methods for tapping huge potential in the renewable energy sector.
- Common man should be educated on the need to cut down GHG emissions & use renewable energy.
- Electricity and connectivity are keys to development.
- Suitable transmission and distribution system should be developed to facilitate renewable integration
- Smart grid technologies used by many countries have potential to solve the challenges of pilferages in transmission and distribution.
GRIDTECH 2019, an excellent platform for evolution of new ideas in the energy sector through brainstorming by seasoned professionals, also had a “Student’s Innovation Pavilion”, where students community was able to demonstrate emerging technologies in their working models in the field of Transmission, Distribution, Renewable Integration, Communication etc., besides Robotic technology in transmission/distribution line maintenance; Communication technology to integrate sensors & meters for Smart Grid Applications; Smart Home Energy Systems; as well as Smart City to include Smart Transport, Smart Security, Smart Water Management, and Smart Building.