Ethics in learning Taekwondo
- The trainee should not talk unless it is actually needed
- He should make a proper bow when entering or leaving the Dojang
- Should be on time to the Dojang
- Should not eat, smoke or eat when at Dojang
- Should not wear any form of jewelry
- Sharp accessories should not be worn like pants with zippers
- The hands, nails, and feet should be clean
- A clean costume should be worn. The uniform worn by practitioners of Korean Martial Arts is called as Dobok.
What will one learn from a basic Taekwondo training?
- The training will learn to defend himself
- As the technique pays more attention to kicking, he will learn kicking techniques in a basic class
- He will learn effective stretching and warmup techniques
- He will learn to develop eye and hand co-ordination
- He will learn basic hand and blocking techniques
- Of course, an introduction to Taekwondo will be given