The Fundamental Differences between UPSC and WBCS Exams
WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service, and UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. There are some key differences between the two examinations i.e. WBCS Exam is for the state of West Bengal and UPSC is at the country level. It is the premier examination of the state, and a perfect strategy is required to crack it. However, there are many students who do not know how to prepare for the examination, so they are advised to join the best WBCS coaching centre in Kolkata to clear.
About UPSC Civil Service Examination
Civil Service Examination, i.e., CSE, is one of the most popular and most challenging examinations conducted by UPSC and is to recruit candidates to about 24 top government services comprising IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc. the exam has three stages:
- Preliminary Exam- objective-based
- Mains exam- a written exam
- Interview – personality test
About (West Bengal Civil Service) WBCS Exams
West Bengal Public Service Commission, i.e., WBPSC, sets the WBCS examination pattern and syllabus. Candidates who wish to go for WBCS exams can visit the site to check the syllabus before they start preparing for it. The WBCS examination is conducted to recruit vacancies in many posts in Bengal state service of Group A, B, C, and D like WB services, Labor Service, Food and Supply Service, West Bengal Police Service, etc. The WBCS exams are conducted in three stages as UPSC exams:
Students must join the best WBCS coaching centre in Kolkata to prepare, as the preparation strategy includes a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus. Students must apply for admission in RICE SMART to understand the exam pattern types of questions. The institute provides previous years’ papers, question papers, PDFs, booklists, mock tests, and much more. Students should keep a check on eligibility criteria.
Steps To prepare for Both UPSC and WBCS Exams
Students should be well-versed in the exam pattern and syllabus to help them make a proper study schedule. Join RICE SMART as they will guide you to follow a proper schedule. To crack the UPSC examination in one go candidate needs proper training and practice that increases the chance of success. Follow the below-listed steps to prepare for the UPSC and WBCS examinations.
- Join RICE SMART, the best coaching in Kolkata that guides you to clear the exam on the first attempt.
- Candidates must prepare notes.
- Self-study and online coaching are key to success; candidates must visit the site of RICE SMART to join.
- Take RICESMART prelims online mock exams to know your strength and weaknesses.
- Take mains mock exams
Difference between UPSC and WBCS examinations
Eligibility criteria for UPSC and WBCS remain the same as the candidate must pass a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- For UPSC candidates, the age limit is less in comparison to WBCS.
- USE has an extensive syllabus, and state-level civil services like WBCS share many things that are common with UPSC.
- In WBCS, candidates don’t have to study in a detailed manner as they have to UPDATE. If you are preparing for the UPSC examination, you have to cover many topics; however, there can be a few differences. Suppose you are preparing for the UPSC exam. In that case, you are automatically covering 90 percent syllabus of WBCS, and reaming 10 percent is the part of the syllabus related to Bengal, where the candidate belongs. To crack both examinations, you should keep covering current affairs and events associated with West Bengal.
Both UPSC and WBCS exams need dedication and hard work, and candidates must follow proper study patterns to crack them in the first attempt. It is advised that candidates apply for admission to the best WBCS coaching institute to study well. RICE Education is among the top WBCS coaching centre in Kolkata, providing WBCS and UPSC exams combined with online coaching to students so that they can get well prepared for exams. Interested students can visit the site to know more and to join.