The world beyond fear is that of success. The truth in this grain of sentence is colossal. More so for the sphere of the UPSC conducted civil services examination. The youth of India who decide to sit for the toughest exam in the nation face their fear of failure and a few come out victorious. Why only a few?
The number of candidates who sit for the exam number in lakhs. The number of students who make it to final merit list, after a long, arduous journey, is pint-sized. On top of that, only the top contenders get the most prestigious position in the civil services, i.e.:
Regardless of the odds, the CSE is one place where fear has no role says the best IAS coaching in Chennai. The advice is to get over the intimidating probability and give your whole focus and attention to preparation. When you are determined to study well and only visualize that, instead of the chances of clearing the exam, you take the first step to winning.
But is remaining focused the only trick to clearing the IAS exam? The short answer is no. Without investing in a few crucial elements such as good civil service coaching centres in Chennai, books, mentors, and strict regime, no IAS aspirant can achieve his or her goal. Though many recipes have proven to be successful for previous IAS aspirants, in this article the limelight is on books.
Without investing in some of the best books for IAS preparation and other material, no candidate stands a chance of winning. The syllabus of the UPSC exam is more than vast. It is humungous. The only way to get through it all and understand every part of it is books and reading the material. Compiled below is a small but essential list of books for the IAS exam.
Divided into the prelims and mains, the first two phases of the civil services exam, it is imperative to read them cover to cover. Besides the books, one more habit that every IAS aspirant has to inculcate is reading newspapers. If not that, then reading through news Apps. CSE is filled with current affairs; it is only be staying up to date with news that you will be able to answer them all.
Books Necessary For IAS Prelims Prep
• Indian Polity – Laxmikanth
• Science & Technology – A. Singh
• Geography of India – M. Hussain
• India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma
• Economic Survey – Ministry of Finance
• History of Medieval India – S. Chandra
• History of Modern India – Bipin Chandra
• Indian Economy – Dutta/Puri or Ramesh Singh
• Environmental Studies from Crisis to Cure – Rajagopalan
• Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains – Khuller
• 20 years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Solved Papers
• NCERT Books on Geography, Science, Economy, Biology and Chemistry from middle to high school
• CSAT Paper Analytical and Verbal Reasoning or CAST Paper 2 by Arihant
Books Necessary For IAS Mains Prep
• Essays for CSE by P. Khare
• Pax Indica by Shashi Tharoor
• IAS Mains GS Ethics by Arihant
• Social Problems in India – Ahuja
• Governance in India by Laxmikanth
• India’s National Security by Bajpai, Pant
• Challenges to Internal Security of India
• Contemporary Essays for CSE by R. Singh
• Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
• IAS Mains General Studies 2, 3 and 4 by Arihant
• Governance for Growth in India – APJ Abdul Kalam
• History of the Modern World by Rao or Jain and Mathur
• Internal Security and Disaster Management GS Paper 3
• India after Gandhi: The History of the World’s Largest Democracy by R. Guha
• India and the World: Through the Eyes of Indian Diplomats by S. Kumar
• Indian Heritage, Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society by Arihant
The reading material listed above is not only the best but also an easier. The reading material listed above is not only the best but also an easier way to prepare for the IAS exam. Let it be the basic formula on which you built upon your preparation.http://www.magazinesworld.org/2019/05/indian-administrative-service.html