National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level common Aptitude Test in Architecture conducted by the Council of Architecture, Delhi. The test measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of Architecture. Questions asked in NATA assess an applicant’s drawing, sketching and perception skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and objective analysis ability, along with the knowledge of various other subjects. From the year 2019, NATA will be held twice every year i.e. in April and in July. Candidates can appear in one or both attempts. The exam consists of two parts. Part I has Maths and General Aptitude questions and is conducted online. Part II has drawing and sketching paper-based questions, conducted offline.
• The duration of part I has been changed to 60 minutes while, Part II has a duration of 120 minutes. Previously both papers were of 90 minutes duration each.
• There is no longer a lower age limit for appearing in NATA. The age constraints applied by respective Counselling/ Admission Authority are to be complied with.
• Students need to have passed/appearing in 10+2 with Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics as compulsory subject. Earlier, only Mathematics was demanded as one of the compulsory subjects.
• Students pursuing Humanities courses can also appear in NATA to pursue B. Arch. They will have to take additional exam conducted for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics by CBSE to be eligible for the exam.
• Council of Architecture is planning to establish a national-level counselling process to make the admission process easier for the qualifying candidates.
Pune is home to numerous highly recognised Architecture Colleges of India. The city has a large number of coaching centres that assist students to get admission in these architecture colleges.
• Bhanwar Rathore Design Studio
BRDS is a premier coaching studio that provides training for entrance exams of Architecture. The institute runs various programs for the students preparing for these exams such as, Winter Vacation batch, Summer Vacation batch, etc. Students are provided with relevant and updated study material for these exams. They can also choose to register for online coaching programs.
BrainSketch provides comprehensive, engaging and experiential coaching classes for the students aspiring to join Architecture field. The teaching pedagogy of the institute includes experiential classes, creative problem solving, role play and collaborative learning.
Silica classes offer guidance for creative careers like Design, Architecture, Fashion and Design. The services offered by the institute include aptitude tests, career guidance, coaching for entrance exams. The teaching methodology of the institute includes development of an analytical process and a problem-solving approach in the students.
PAHAL runs under the aegis of Art of Creativity Society and is highly recognised for its out of the box teaching techniques. The institute provides an extensive range of training programs for the students planning to join Architecture institutes. It endeavours to offer a creative environment to the students in such a way that it emphasises their creativity and aesthetic sense.