17 ways of Celebrating Valentine’s Week with your Boyfriend
For the hardcore romantics, Valentine’s Day kicks off on the 7th of February itself. A lot of men may never admit it, but everyone loves to be surprised on Valentine’s Day. Often, the ones who are the least expressive on the outside are also the most romantic on the inside. Before we start with suggestions on how to celebrate Valentine’s Week with your boyfriend, let us introduce you to the concept of Valentine’s Week. Valentine’s Week represents the different phases every couple goes through. To make someone’s entire week special, you need to ensure that your surprise, gift or gesture is relevant to the occasion. So let’s start with what each day stands for:
7th February – Rose Day
8th February – Propose Day
9th February – Chocolate Day
10th February – Teddy Day
11th February – Promise Day
12th February – Hug Day
13th February – Kiss Day
14th February – Valentine’s Day
When it comes to picking just the right Valentine’s Day gift for boyfriend, you need to ensure that the idea is unpredictable and unique. Everyone loves gifts where they can see the thought behind it.
Gift ideas for Rose Day – 7th Feb
- Everyone can buy a bouquet. Add some more spice to the idea by buying a dozen individual strands of roses and hiding them around the house for him to find. You can add a small note with each rose to make it slightly more romantic. You can also scribble a clue for the next rose.
- If he has a sweet tooth, then rose flavoured cake could be a pretty delicious way of surprising him on Rose Day.
- For those with a penchant for nature, get an actual rose plant and gift it to him on Rose Day. Why get a gift that withers when you can get something that can bloom every day?
- We can also recommend a bottle of Rose Wine that you can begin the evening with. You can put it in a basket with a note “Happy Rose Day, good looking. How about we get drunk and find out how mature the wine really is.”
Gift ideas for Propose Day – 8th Feb
- This is one of the most exciting days of the week, especially if you aren’t in an ‘official’ relationship yet. Even more so if you’re considering proposing to your boyfriend for marriage on this day. A proper proposal deserves all the paraphernalia you’ve seen in movies. Set up a romantic dinner, either at home or outside, play some romantic music and be prepared to go down on your knees.
- You can also write a letter reminding him of all the nostalgic memories and end it with ‘I can spend the rest of my life asking you to be my Valentine.’
- Online gifting companies like Oye Happy happen to have quite a few proposal hampers and cards to delight him with.
Gift ideas for Chocolate Day – 9th Feb
- Chocolates are the easiest way into a man’s heart. Just find out his favourite kind over a casual conversation and get him a basket filled with chocolates. If he’s a fitness freak, then you may consider getting sugar-free chocolates instead.
- If the romantic in you wants to do more, then brew him a mug of hot chocolate and get some marshmallows to complement it with.
- If you want to walk the extra mile, then order for a chocolate cake, set up a movie, make his favourite drink and set up your very own candle light dinner.
Gift ideas for Teddy Day – 10th Feb
- A Teddy Day without a stuff toy is as incomplete as a kiss day without, you know. Go and find the cuddliest thing you can find online and give it to him. Then force him to take a selfie with it and put it online for all to see and appreciate.
- You can also wear a bear suit yourself and give him the tightest and the warmest hug of his life.
Gift ideas for Promise Day – 11th Feb
- There are plenty of ways of making promises to your Valentine. One of the best things to do is to write your promises on tiny scrolls and to hide them all around the house for him to find.
- You can also choose to record 7 videos of 7 promises made by you and keep sending them to him throughout the day.
Gift ideas for Hug Day – 12th Feb
- If you’re in a long distance relationship, there’s no surprise better than landing in front of his doorstep and giving him a hug in person.
- If you’re together, then you can consider tying yourself with a ribbon and standing in front of him early in the morning with outstretched hands.
Gift ideas for Kiss Day – 13th Feb
- Your boyfriend has probably been waiting for this day a lot more than you. Make it worth his wait by creating a bunch of kiss coupons and gifting them to him. Each coupon can be redeemed for a different kind of a kiss – right from a ‘5-min long kiss’ to a ‘Spiderman kiss.’
As for Valentine’s Day itself, you need to ensure that your idea surpasses all of the above. You can buy Valentine’s Day gifts online from gifting sites such as Oye Happy. You can pick a hamper with some of his favourite things. Or you can book a surprise holiday for the weekend and gift him the tickets on Valentine’s Day.